What is a CSA?
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a subscription package containing seasonal vegetables, herbs and flowers. CSA subscription programs like ours are an established system used by small farmers to offer unique produce directly to the consumer. Our shares are available Mid May-Mid November.
How does it work?
CSA members purchase their share prior to the growing season and have the option to receive a weekly share (25 weeks for $600) or bi-weekly share (12 weeks for $300). Humboldt Park, Pilsen, Bronzeville and Oak Park. Every member will receive two signature NOF tote bags to easily and sustainably transport their produce from pick up to home. Simply leave one of your tote bags at the pick up each week and expect it to be filled and ready to go for the following pick up. If you are interested in becoming a member visit our shop and purchase your share today!
What can I expect?
Our members will see a wide variety of seasonal favorites as well as some unique NOF selections. Our farmers utilize organic fertilization involving strategic interplanting, aerobic composting, vermiculture, and beneficial fungi. Our crop planning involves an intensive succession planting schedule to guarantee a consistent yield. By utilizing these techniques, our CSA crops consistently provide a local source of microbially rich, nutrient dense produce that is far healthier than the average everyday vegetable.
- Mesclun mix
- Head Lettuce such as Amish Dear Tongue and Tennis Ball lettuce!
- Baby Pac Choi
- Tricolor Bush Beans
- Don't miss a Beet!
- Pea Shoots!
- Salad Burnet, a cucumber flavored herb!
- Nasturtiums, a peppery flower that can be added to salads or any dish needing an edible peppery garnish!
- Blue potatoes, yes we said it, BLUE POTATOES!
- Rainbow Carrots, adding color to any snack or dish for you or your dogo!
- Peppers, peppers, peppers! Its raining peppers such as Poblano, Lunch Box, Jalefuego , Jimmy Nardello's, Purple bell peppers & lastly Shishito peppers!
- Catnip! For you and your cat!
- Red onions
- Hon Tsai Tai, a leafy green with dark purple stems and tiny yellow flowers adds sweetness to a salads even Willy Wonka would be impressed by!
- Head Lettuce
- Green Onions